Login

CB GroupJive

There are no pending approvals.

AdSense

Ammo Forum Latest Post

wildbill_0420's Avatar
24 Jul 2014
Nothing? REALLY?! I figured there would be more pics than this. Kind of sad
pb57's Avatar
By- pb57
07 Jun 2014
AFCOMAC With all the reductions going on nowadays, is AFCOMAC vulnerable to being closed down? Or is it even still relevant/useful? I recall when AFCOMAC first started in the 1980's it was semi-voluntary. I worked Conventional at Nellis at the time and it was like...
dcassinger's Avatar
15 May 2014
Ammo Bash at the Beach Ammo Bash at the Beach April 22-23 2016 Clarion Hotel Myrtle Beach SC For present, retired, veterans of AMMO For comradery and tribute to all AMMO Troops past, present and fallen Check out more info on the Ammo Bash at the Beach on facebook
admin's Avatar
By- admin
14 Apr 2014
2014 SouthEastern Ammo Bowl Does anyone know if this year Southeastern Ammo Bowl will be in NC or FL? Or somewhere else?
ammolifer's Avatar
By- ammolifer
26 Mar 2014
Retired now contractor, 56 and still working AMMO! As soon as I read the topic I thought I had mysteriously submitted your post myself. I retired after 24 in 99 and I am 56 y.o. still doing ammo. However, I run the ammunition management program for the entire ARNG. Still, IYAAYAS.
Powered By nZambi!

Promotion test answer sheets for 99 airmen at Pope Field in North Carolina were lost in the mail and were unable to be used in the most recent staff sergeant testing cycle, the Air Force Personnel Center said Thursday.

“A significant majority” of those 99 affected airmen tested for staff sergeant, AFPC said in response to an Air Force Times inquiry. It is unclear whether those airmen were passed over as a result of the missing tests.

In its statement, AFPC pledged to resolve the situation for affected airmen.

Read more: Air Force loses staff sergeant tests in the mail

(Reuters) - China told the United States on Tuesday to stay out of disputes over the South China Sea and leave countries in the region to resolve problems themselves, after Washington said it wanted a freeze on stoking tension.

Michael Fuchs, U.S. deputy assistant secretary of state for Strategy and Multilateral Affairs, said no country was solely responsible for escalating tension in the region. But he reiterated the U.S. view that "provocative and unilateral" behaviour by China had raised questions about its willingness to abide by international law.

Read more: China tells U.S. to stay out of South China Seas dispute

The Air Force’s first enlisted retention boards are two weeks away from convening — and they could end the careers of roughly 4,000 airmen.

Nearly 14,600 airmen — senior airmen through senior master sergeants in certain career fields — are likely to be considered by the retention boards that will begin June 16, according to the Air Force’s latest eligibility matrix, dated May 19. About 28 percent of them could be told to separate or retire.

Read more: Retention boards: 1 in 4 airmen will be told to leave

Congress approved funding last week for the Pentagon’s advanced hypersonic missile program and expressed concerns over China’s recent test of an ultra high-speed strike vehicle designed to deliver nuclear warheads through U.S. missile defenses.

The House fiscal year 2015 defense authorization bill approved $70.7 million for the Army’s hypersonic missile as part of the Pentagon’s conventional prompt strike program.

The Senate, in its version of the fiscal year 2015 defense bill, also authorized $70.7 million for hypersonic weapons.

Read more: Congress Funds Army’s Hypersonic Missile After Chinese Strike Vehicle Test

Washington (AFP) - The United States warned China Thursday against sparking tensions in international airspace after Japan accused Beijing of "dangerous maneuvers" above disputed seas.

"We do not accept China's declaration of an ADIZ (Air Defense Identification Zone) over the East China Sea and urge China not to implement it," State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki said in a statement.

Read more: US warns China to avoid tensions in airspace

SEOUL — The men tending to a U.S. soldier after he was knocked out in an early-morning street brawl turned down multiple offers to call an ambulance, according to two managers at a hip hop club that he was thrown out of after getting into an argument with other troops.

Spc. Carl A. Lissone died about 10 hours later from a brain hemorrhage, following a train ride to a city some 40 miles away and a short stay in a hotel just outside the Army base where he was stationed.

Read more: Korean bar managers say troops turned down help before soldier died

KABUL, AFGHANISTAN — The Taliban unleashed a wave of attacks Monday across Afghanistan to mark the start of their spring offensive, storming a government building in the east where attackers killed two police guards and five civilians, and striking a police checkpoint to the south and killing nine policemen.

Also Monday, rockets hit inside the grounds of the Kabul international airport but caused no damage. Rockets also struck the NATO base at Bagram, just north of the Afghan capital, causing minor damage, the alliance said.

This year’s Taliban spring offensive comes at a sensitive time, against the backdrop of a key presidential election. Militants have also stepped up terror attacks to sow insecurity and weaken the government as international forces prepare to withdraw from the country by the end of this year.

Read more: Taliban kill 21 at start of Afghan spring fighting

Attorney General Eric Holder said Tuesday that the Department of Justice doesn't have any plans to investigate allegations that veterans placed on secret waiting lists at VA hospitals died while waiting for care.

 

"Well, obviously these reports if they're true are unacceptable, and the allegations are being taken very seriously by the administration. But I don't have any announcements at this time with regard to anything that the Justice Department is doing," Holder told reporters at a press conference.

Read more: Eric Holder: No Plans at DOJ to Investigate at VA Hospitals

More than 8,600 airmen applied for voluntary separation pay by the time the window closed May 1, the Air Force said Tuesday.

Of those applications, about 5,600 applicants were eligible for VSP, the Air Force said in its weekly release on its force management programs. In all, more than 1,600 officers and more than 7,000 enlisted airmen applied for VSP, up from more than 1,500 officers and 6,900 enlisted the previous week.

So far, more than 380 officers and roughly 2,400 enlisted airmen have been approved for VSP. Those numbers are unchanged from the previous week.

Read more: 8,600 airmen apply for voluntary separation pay

WASHINGTON — The House Armed Services Committee (HASC) early Thursday unanimously approved a measure that would authorize just over $600 billion in 2015 US defense spending and block plans to retire the A-10 attack plane.

After a marathon markup session, the committee easily approved its version of the 2015 National Defense Authorization Act that includes a $495.8 billion base Pentagon budget level and $79.4 billion more for an overseas contingency operations (OCO) budget.

Read more: HASC OKs $600B in 2015 DoD Spending